The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep copies of email online?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by thared33, Apr 30, 2010.

1. thared33

thared33 Registered

I've got cpanel set up to send every email that I get at my addresses using pop3 with thunderbird. I've got a gmail account and I really like how every email is both stored online and it's sent to you using pop3.

Is there a way to enable this kind of feature in cpanel?

2. kuldeep_

kuldeep_ Well-Known Member

Do you want both sent email and received email to be stored on server when they are sent from thunderbird ?

3. JordiCS

JordiCS Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you mean that you want to leave on your server a copy of all email received and downloaded with Thunderbird, you must configure your account parameters on Thunderbird: Tools --> Account parameters --> Look on the left window for your account, and below its name select "Server parameters" --> Check "Leave messages on server" or similar.

Also you may want to use IMAP protocol instead of POP for getting mail. In this case your mail will not be deleted on your server unless you delete it from Thunderbird or webmail.

Keep in mind that on standard servers mail quotas are usually very small compared to the capacity that GMail is offering, and your mailbox could get out of space very quickly, and blocked, if you leave there a copy of all your email.

Regards,