Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Keep"MaxNavigationItems" between updates

Discussion in 'Database Discussion' started by PatrickVeenstra, Nov 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PatrickVeenstra

PatrickVeenstra Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'd like to preserve my phpMyAdmin settings, specifically MaxNavigationItems, and the message in phpMyAdmin links to a local copy of Installation — phpMyAdmin 4.8.0-dev documentation

Even after reading it a couple of times I don't understand what I have to do to keep my settings between updates. What (where?) do I have to edit to keep my settings?

p.s. Since phpMyAdmin has a filter for table names, is there really a point in paging (by default)?

2. cPWilliamL

cPWilliamL cP Technical Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I believe this value is pulled from a two locations, the current user's cookie(pma_console_config) and the '/usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php' configuration file. If no cookie is found, or if the value is not set in the cookie, then it's pulled from the configuration. I set this value as below:
    Code:
    echo "$cfg['MaxNavigationItems'] = 100;" >> /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php

This should persist updates as well.

Thanks,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PatrickVeenstra

PatrickVeenstra Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks a lot. There was no cookie value (after storing it in CPanel), so I guess it uses some server storage setting, but I think that editing config.inc.php did the job.

4. kamm

kamm Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It doesn't persist updates. It would be nice if there was a way to do so...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @kamm,

I encourage you to vote for the following feature request:

PHPMyAdmin - Editing Memory Limit, Max Input Vars, Upload Size, & Other Settings via WHM

Until such a feature is implemented, you could setup a hook that automatically runs after every cPanel update to update the file. Here are the commands you would use to do this:

Code:
    mkdir -p /root/custom/
    touch /root/custom/postupcp.sh
    chmod 0755 /root/custom/postupcp.sh
    vi /root/custom/postupcp.sh
    When editing this file, add a single line like this:

Code:
    echo "$cfg['MaxNavigationItems'] = 100;" >> /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php

Then, to have this script execute automatically after each cPanel update, run this command:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/manage_hooks add script /root/custom/postupcp.sh --manual --category System --event upcp --stage post
    This will ensure the custom value is preserved through cPanel updates. If you ever need to delete the hook, you can do so using the following commands:

Code:
    rm /root/custom/postupcp.sh
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/manage_hooks delete script /root/custom/postupcp.sh --manual --category System --event upcp --stage post
    Thank you.

kamm likes this.