The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep needing to restart HHTP Server (Apache)

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Fusion6, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Fusion6

Fusion6 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Had a problem arise over the last couple of weeks where all sites would suddenly be inaccessible. I can access WHM and users emails keep working. I figured a quick restart of Apache http would do the trick and it does but this has happened four times now so something is obviously wrong.

I am not receiving any error notifications and apart from the above, everything seems to be working fine. Also not made any changes that might have caused this.

I know that's not much to go on but has anyone else experienced this or know where I should be looking for a cause to the problem?

Thanks

2. fabin

fabin Active Member

Did you check the error_log of apache server? There should be errors reported in it which can give some clue.

3. Fusion6

Fusion6 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Thanks for the reply.

Not quite sure where the error log is located. Isn't it in different places depending on how apache was installed? I didn't install it so not sure where to look. Which brings me on to why are the error logs not simply available via WHM? Since that is your server control panel it would make sense to have access to it there would it not?

4. cPanelPeter

cPanelPeter Technical Analyst III
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

The error_log file you should check is in /usr/local/apache/logs

As for adding the log files to the WHM, that's a great idea and you should file a Feature Request for it.