Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Keep SMTP sent mails from app

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Nicolas Escribal, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Nicolas Escribal

Nicolas Escribal Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

I have an application which is using SMTP to send emails notifications and some documentation.

I would like to keep a record from emails sent from the app (from this account) and be able to check if those emails were sent, but if I login to the web client I can't see those emails in sent folder.

If I configure a Gmail account to send the emails, Gmail keeps sent mails, but I would like to send the emails from my domain.

Is it possible to achieve this with cpanel accounts?

Thanks in advance.

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Nicolas Escribal

While I can't speak for Gmail emails sent this way aren't going to be saved in the sent folder for the local domain on the server. The only method which I can imagine you could keep a copy of these emails is if you configured a forwarder to handle this.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...