The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keeping identical configurations between servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bmuthig, Nov 27, 2004.

1. bmuthig

bmuthig Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    We're adding a new cPanel server (have existing) and would like to make sure all the configurations (not accounts, just things like tweak settings options, etc) are identical between the two servers. Is there a way to do this other than just manually going through all the settings? How have others handled this sort of thing to keep configurations clean and consistent between multiple servers?

2. LA_fro

LA_fro Well-Known Member

I have been wondering this too. I have manually set our servers but a sync script would be very nice.

3. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

You mean for duplicating system settings and configs? Not necessary cpanel settings?

Yes, there's a linux tool for this... GNU cfengine

Haven't tried it yet myself... but I saved the info on it for when it became practical to set it up and use it.

4. fizz

fizz Well-Known Member

He is referring to cPanel settings. This would be useful as most people add custom stuff to thier exim configs (through the advanced interface in WHM), and there are a jillion settings in tweak security, tweak settings, initial setup and what not that people would like to keeo consistant between servers. I myself would find this useful as well.

5. bmuthig

bmuthig Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Give us clustering!

Well needless to say we ended up doing it manually. And will be using cfengine for other things.... please bring us in the 21st century and add some real clustering to cPanel! :)