keeping track of outgoing mails

kavitha

Jun 4, 2004
Hi,

I want to keep track of all the outgoing mails. So, whenever a person sends a mail that should reside in a particular email account. Is that possible in Cpanel if so how pls guide me.

Regards,
Kavitha

jameshsi

Oct 22, 2001
sawbuck said:
You can add log_selector = +all \ to the Exim configuration and that will write additional info to /var/log/exim_mainlog. The logging parameters added can be found here: http://exim.work.de/exim-html-4.20/doc/html/spec_44.html
HTH
Is there a way that you can set which domain on this server need to be tracked and instead of log into the /var/log/exim_mainlog stored the entire email to some email box ?

kavitha

Jun 4, 2004
Mine is a shared linux server and i want to keep track of mails for only one particular account. For example one of my client is xyz.com and he has 6 email accounts and the people who are sending mails from those 6 email accounts should reach one email account like catch all account along with the people to whom he/she sending the mails. Can anyone pls guide me on this?

linux-image

Jun 8, 2004
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
a suggestion.. i dont think this is a solution..

grep the domain xyz.com from the file /var/log/exim_maillog. It is easy. make the output from this grep to a file inside the users home and give it to him.

tail -f /var/log/exim_maillog | grep xyz.com > log.xyz.mail.txt

i havent tried it.. just a suggestion.

kavitha

Jun 4, 2004
I didn't get this "make the output from this grep to a file inside the users home and give it to him". Am a new bie. Can you pls explain me detailly how to do this? Thanks in advance.

linux-image

Jun 8, 2004
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
tail -f /var/log/exim_maillog | grep xyz.com > log.xyz.mail.txt

isnt working for me either. but

tail -f /var/log/exim_maillog | grep xyz.com

this will give you an output of mail transcactions on this domain xyz.com

All i can give you is an idea that if this output that you get can be piped into a file and made availabe at /home/xyz/public_html ; the user will be able to access it through his browser.

Else you will have to script keeping this same idea. It will take time for me to do that; and iam sorry that iam having too busy a day to make these right now.

All the best for your scripting. :)