The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kerberos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jhyder, Jun 17, 2004.

1. jhyder

jhyder Registered

We would like to use our Kerberos server for password management. We have enabled the pam mod and it works on the shell and ftp. Yet we cannot get it to work from the web interface. What change do we need to make to get the web interface to use the Kerberos account?

2. jhyder

jhyder Registered

httpd.conf

Is the admin section using apache I cant find the httpd.conf file so I can add the kerberos modual.

3. skaboobie

skaboobie Member

Hi. Did you ever find the answer to your question? I'm trying to get cPanel configured to use kerberos authentication as well. Would you mind detailing the steps required?

4. bassul

bassul Registered

Same question

<quote>Hi. Did you ever find the answer to your question? I'm trying to get cPanel configured to use kerberos authentication as well. Would you mind detailing the steps required?</quote>
    Same question.

5. skaboobie

skaboobie Member

I still haven't found the answer to my question. I can tell you this, just adding the kerberos clients and configuration to the system is not enough. Apache needs to become "kerberos aware". There is a mod_auth_krb5 module for apache. I haven't tried it yet. Google on that and you will find more information. I do know that that module is not configured for inclusion via cPanel. You might need to manually build Apache, which might not be the best idea with cPanel. I plan to look into this futher,but right now our cPanel server is not a high priority.

6. jhyder

jhyder Registered

no help

I never received an answer. I was able to install modkerb into apache so that users could create an HTTP access (.htaccess) file (you will find that very easy), but never the cpannel interface. It would be great if cpannel interface (2082)could use pam modules.

7. skaboobie

skaboobie Member

That would explain why the system completely barfed when I tried to do it through PAM. :eek: