The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kernel Quota vs du (nobody group)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GypsyMage, Sep 15, 2005.

1. GypsyMage

GypsyMage Member

Having the problem with a few users who are over quota and I just noticed it. Technically, Linux thinks they are only using 1.1 GB.. however, there's almost 4 gb of nobody owned files in their web directories. Has anyone come up with a good solution for automating monitors for this? I realize cpanel doesn't think this is a bug, which I think is ludicris. I'm hoping someone on here has dealt with this problem more efficiently than mailing the user when the admin manually remembers to check du.

root@s1 [/]# du -h --max-depth=0 ~cl
    4.1G /home/cluciano

root@s1 [/]# quota -l cl
    Disk quotas for user cl (uid xxxxx):
    Filesystem blocks quota limit grace files quota limit grace
    /dev/sda3 1239176 2048000 2048000 23663 0 0
    root@s1 [/]#

2. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

This is how quotas work, they check the ownership of the files. The fix is to use suexec and phpsuexec fro cgi/php respectivly.

This is not something that cPanel can just change, but we do give you the tolls to make fix it.

3. GypsyMage

GypsyMage Member

Is there a writeup on this?

By fix in cpanel, I meant include an option in cpanel to provide secondary information on quota's with du as well. Something that could alert the admin that the user's physical space is being exceeded even though quota doesn't see it.