The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Killing PHP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mad Cow, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Member

I need some help killing PHP. It is permanently using 4 files I need to delete, and I suspect it has somehow managed to break my subdomain. When I go to the subdomain at madcow.applyclan.com, rather than booting then the index it gives me an error, saying that it can't find the file /. I don't want the file /, I want index.html. I can get to the index by typing the full address, madcow.applyclan.com/index.html.

I do not have SSH access, unfortunately. So if anyone know how to make PHP close access to those files to delete them, please tell me. If there is a way to restart PHP, tell me. If anyone knows know why my subdomain is broken, tell me.

Thanks

#1 Mad Cow, Jul 15, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2004
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I would suggest that you put all those questions to your hosting provider, that's what you pay them for.

3. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Add the following line to a .htaccess file in the directory you want it to take effect in:
    DirectoryIndex index.html

4. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Member

The index page suddenly started loading again (without modifying the .htaccess file). I don't know why.

As for those files permanently in use, I found I could rename the folder. I just renamed it .something to hide it. I hope the fact that the files are still being used doesn't slow down the server or anything. They are very small.

Good call about contacting my hosting provider. I'll do that. Thanks.