The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Language in Paper Lantern

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by Agics, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Agics

Agics Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    With the update to 11.48 Paper Lantern looks very appealing to me. I was able to make my own custom style and the results are fantastic. I have to say I am very happy with the customization options Paper Lantern offers.

Language, and especially mine: Dutch, however can use some extra work. In an old threat I found that this is on the to-do list and no feedback was required. This was however in the time of 11.44.

What is the status now ? Can I provide feedback on language mistakes ? Is there a way to customize the language myself ? I would be happy to participate to the Dutch language improvements.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. Agics

Agics Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you for your feedback. I will take time to read all documentation and come back if I have any questions.

We see small problems with the language. Like the lack of spacing between words: "Directoryprivacy" instead of "Directory privacy' or in better Dutch "Map privacy".
    Other examples: "e-mailaccountdoorstuurder" , "Adresimportmodule"
    Direct translations which loose there meaning. "Raw access" is translated in "Onbewerkte Toegang", which does not say anything.
    Capitalization errors. For example "Databases" is translated in Dutch into "databases" (without the capital).

Information which is probably incorrect or at least not clear. The addon- domain description states: "Use addon domains to host additional domains on your account without registering a new domain name."
    This should probably be "...without creating a new account".

I have to say, The quality is better than before, but I would like to go for perfection :)

4. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Agics,

We are waiting final sign off before pushing all our strings and translations into the github project (honestly I thought it would be done sooner than this). In the meantime we are more than willing to accept any corrections from you on the Dutch translation.

If you could submit the full English string at the some as the Dutch correction, that would be most helpful (it makes it easier for us to find the correct string in our string database).