The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Language packs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pva, Nov 26, 2004.

1. pva

pva Member

Hello,

Where can I get the language packs for WHM? It says in Help:

The Languages area enables you to create, alter, and upload/download language configuration files for CPanel. These configuration files accept HTML code and allow you to alter all the words in CPanel to conform to the native language of your customers.
    In my WHM there is no such area, and my provider says they don't have any language packs.

Thank you in advance,

Peter

2. KimBO

KimBO Well-Known Member

Hey Peter!

I asked some month before about this issue... at the WHM it is not possible to change the language (why, I really dont understand)...

For the cpanel menu (e.g. for customers) you can change the language file by yourself (at the WHM as root) or by a customise mulit-language skin. There are some companies which are providing this... :D

Greetings... KimBO

3. pva

pva Member

Multilanguage WHM

Thank you, KimBO!

This is very confusing, because in the help for cPanel and WHM

http://www.cpanel.net/docs/whm/Languages.htm

it says clearly that it is possible. I asked my provider, he said that it's possible to do this for the root account, but not for the reseller account. Weird! For my customers I'm using Rvskin, so it's OK, but I wanted to translate WHM and got into this problem.

Peter

4. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

5. KimBO

KimBO Well-Known Member

And this I really dont understand... why cpanel inc. doesnt support different languages for the WHM? It is important too... Maybe cpanel inc. dont want to support that or think it is not necessary - ok - there are some more important issues, but this feature have also to build in...

But cpanel inc. can build something in the system, that it is also possible to change the language by third-party companies... why not this?

Greetings... KimBO

PS:
    I start now, to take a closer look to Plesk... maybe with this I can satisfied my customers...

6. pva

pva Member

Multilingual WHM

Totally agree. Cannot understand this either.

Peter