The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Language Support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alaria, Oct 7, 2004.

1. alaria

alaria Registered

I need to know if their is a way to have CPanel in different languages?? I have many Intl clients and need at least Spanish and French support.

2. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Sure, log into WHM, duplicate the English language file, rename it french or spanish and translate the English text into your language of choice. If you don't have access to that, ask your host to send you the English language file. You can use a text editor to translate it.

It is a good bit of work and not every single part of the interface will be translated. For that, you'd probably want to look into a third-party cpanel theme like Xcontroller, RVskin, etc.

3. seeyes

seeyes Well-Known Member

...but into english file aren't all language message :(

4. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    CPANEL doesn't support translating EVERY single item into another language, some things like the webmail login screen won't be translated because they aren't coded to be language aware.

Third party themes do a better job at translating, but some things, like the webmail login screen will not be translated because it is hardcoded with English.

Hopefully some day this will change. In any case, you can translate probably 85-90% of the interface into your language of choice.

Aric

5. seeyes

seeyes Well-Known Member

Hi Aric,
    85-90% ? Are you shure?

I have translated all original english file provided from cPanel, but I think that these file contain only around 50% of string message of cPanel skin.

I say: cPanel cannot translate in all language? no ploblem, but please make a "english file" with all string message and, If I want, I can translate it...
    From Febrary, I think, there aren't new lang string into english file...

Thank you and eschuse for my bad english :)
    Antonello