Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Languages in X-skin

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by dxer, Apr 27, 2003.

1. dxer

dxer Well-Known Member

Is it possible to experiment with additional languages within X-Skin Cpanel/WHM theme and how .

I mean how is it possible to translate CPanel or WHM text within X-Skin

Thanks

2. iCARus

iCARus Well-Known Member

Yes, i'm wondering too if is possible to translate CPanel & WHM into other languages ?

Any ideas or HOW-TO's ?

Thanks,
    iCARus

3. WebHostPro

WebHostPro Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    maybe if we keep asking someone will know.

I would love to have several languages for Xskin.

We use it almost exclusively.

-Charles

4. ninomack

ninomack Registered

It's Possible

Hello,

I'm not sure what dxer meant by "within," but it is quite possible to translate CPanel interface into other languages. I've translated one of the CPanel skins I use into Japanese and it seems to work fine. Just explore the skin files, translate every non-code English word into your desired language, and install it as a separate skin (e.g. give it a different name, etc).

I have no idea if it's possible to give each user language options to choose from for his/her CPanel "within" CPanel, but if it is just to translate themes and have them as separate skins, I know it's possible to do so with xSkin, too.

I'm a reseller, so I'm not sure nor interested in translating WHM into another language, but I think it's possible, judging from what I've seen in WHM xSkin files.

One tip from me is that you should be careful with encoding method (e.g. iso8859-1, Shift_JIS, etc), especially when you are trying to translate them into Unicodes, or you'd get "funny" letters (e.g. %#"$&$!).

Hope I'm not too off the topic. :)

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: