Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

large emails not downloading

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by rich2, Sep 15, 2002.

1. rich2

rich2 Well-Known Member

Hi, I am trying to isolate an issue. Whenever I get large emails ( a few meg or more) they always fail. I am trying to isolate if its the email app (which i have tried 3 now and dont think thats it) Is cppop/exim on the server, the actual server itself, or my isp somehow. So i am just wondering if anyone else has had problems downloading large mails (via pop) and if they had a solution. maybe help me narrow it down a bit :)

thanks in advance

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

I've downloaded full 750mb isos through my email. It surely isn't the server. Unless you set a file limit or something.

3. rich2

rich2 Well-Known Member

yeah, just a lil strange, i'll post the error next time i get it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rich2

rich2 Well-Known Member

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.404labs.com', Server: 'mail.404labs.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

2 email clients have given me that similar message, the other just stays there locked for a while.

5. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

Weird. Not sure what to say.

On a side note you live right next door to me. I'm in Everett and you're in Malden. Nice to meet a local =]

6. rich2

rich2 Well-Known Member

o wow, hey... didnt even realize. :)

7. rich2

rich2 Well-Known Member

anyhow, still curious if anyone else has gotten this problem