The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Large newsletter solution advise?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mv_, Oct 25, 2007.

1. mv_

mv_ Active Member

Hi,

I need to send at least once a month a newsletter to 18000 email addresses from my cpanel box and current php application using mail(); command cannot handle sending more than 60 per minut.

I've done everything I could to avoid this limit, tweaked cpanel/whm, but without success. Sometimes it works even for 200mails per minute, sometimes it does not.

So I'm wondering if mailman is capable sending these 18k messages in reasonably short time or if there is any other way where I could point out programmer to find a solution for better email sending (creating the message on disk, each with let's say 200 BCC: recipients, then moving it to exim queue directory, etc.. ).

The list is growing approximately 70 new mails daily, and we are not spammers - it's legit game newletter.

Thank you for any advises.

Marian

2. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

running a cron job regularly with a script using SMTP sends should solve it short term, but yes mailman is capable