The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Largest Email?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by nurseryboy, Apr 4, 2006.

1. nurseryboy

nurseryboy Well-Known Member

I have a client who would like to know the size of the largest email any of the email accounts under his account has received. Just the single largest size for an email. Is there any way I can determine this?

Thanks.

Matthew

2. richy

richy Well-Known Member

Easiest (and quickest) way I can think of is for the client to log into Webmail and then sort emails by size. Alternatively, you could login manually via telnet to the server on port 110, "LIST" and then sort the sizes.

3. nurseryboy

Thanks for the reply. I thought of the first idea, but he doesn't know the passwords to all of the accounts. Plus, the accounts are for business associates of his, and some of the information in the emails may be confidential.

I'd imagine the second suggestion is a good one, but unfortunately, I have telnet disabled on the server, and am not familiar with it even if it was.

Thank you for the suggestions though. I'm hoping there is a way with SSH that I can scan the email accounts and order by size somehow.

4. nurseryboy

I think I could use mutt to do this. I have installed mutt via "yum install" but I can not figure out how to sort the messages by size. Anyone have any suggestions?