The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last login from: 127.0.0.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ali, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

Hi,

After enabling /cpanel , /whm, /webmail to goto secure ports, when I login/re-login to /cpanel from any of my domains I get last login from: 127.0.0.1. How do I work around this to show correct last logins?

Thanks.

2. Dreamer

Dreamer Well-Known Member

This is a normal problem? when using secure ports. Maybe stunell has something to do with.

3. gsbe

gsbe Active Member

I'd like a fix for this if possible. Or just remove that information when you do SSL redirects. Any ideas?

4. nybble

nybble Well-Known Member

I get that error to, everyones last login is from localhost or 127.0.0.1

5. philb

philb Well-Known Member

This is down to using STunnel instead of building their own SSL engine, or integrating someone elses.

STunnel just creates and handles the SSL chat with the end-user browser, then forwards the unencrypted traffic over the localhost; hence as far as cpanel is concerned, all logins come from localhost (127.0.0.1)

6. maxbia

maxbia Active Member

err ... so every whm user that uses /cpanel redirect to https option will have their last logins from 127.0.0.1 and there is no way to change or fix that ?

Im starting to wonder if it is worth even having it enabled as it might be more important to see the last login ip than have the ssl redirect hmm

#6 maxbia, Feb 20, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2004
  7. philb

philb Well-Known Member

Well the way to fix it is for cpanel to actually code something themselves.. but given their track record I'd rather they stuck to using stunnel :)

If you really needed to look things up, as long as you knew what time you were interested in you can see all the connections stunnel has forwarded in the syslog.