Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Last Login IP Address

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zardiw, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Zardiw

Zardiw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There is something definitely flaky about this 'Last LOGIN IP'......that means somebody LOGGED IN from that IP. I have IP's listed under this that have NEVER been even CLOSE to my IP........OR any support source that I can figure out........z

2. Zardiw

Zardiw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    And it doesn't show my Current IP either........the one I'm logged in with.......

Apparently this issue goes back to 2005.......or before........

Kindly resolve this, cause it's pretty effing scary.........lol

z

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Zardiw

Zardiw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It's BROKEN...........I just logged in and out and back in and the IP didn't change.

In addition, the IP address shown bears ZERO relation to any possible IP address that I could have logged in with.

And fwiw, it would be REALLY HELPFUL if you showed the date and time next to that 'last logged in' IP address......

Not to mention that the link you referred to, while trying to explain something that is Incredibly SIMPLE, failed to do so.........lol

In addition......you have made something that SHOULD be obvious, and simple, into some kind of convoluted MESS.......

You have succeeded in people spending a TON of WASTED time on this.....congrats.

z

PS. It would be really NICE, if WHM also showed the last login IP and Time, at the top in the banner area, next to 'Logout'...........that is if your programming team is up for it.....which I'm starting to doubt.......

#4 Zardiw, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  5. cPanelMichael

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Zardiw,

Can you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look at your system to see why the Last Login functionality in cPanel is not working as intended? You can post the ticket number here and I'll link this thread to it.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. kamrannorway

kamrannorway Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I see also the same issue. An authorized IP logged in a few days ago; User's IP changed, but still in cpanel appears old IP as
    Last Login IP Address. User logged out and in several times, but still the old IP is there. I tried to add the old IP in blacklist to test, but nothing changed.

7. cPanelMichael

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @kamrannorway,

The behavior you described is by-design. The last login feature will only update the the IP address that logs in via cPanel if it's different than the previous entry. In other words, if you directly view the /home/$username/.lastlogin file, the IP address displayed in cPanel should be the last IP address listed in this file that's not your own.

Thank you.