The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last months access logs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carock, Jan 2, 2008.

1. carock

carock Well-Known Member

I had a web site that was hacked sometime Dec 30th or 31st. Unfortunately, I have no web site access logs from last month, not even in the monthly backups.

Does anyone know where another copy might exist?

I will log a feature request with cPanel if there are no other copies. The backup script or other scripts that truncate the logs should be able to be told to keep the last month before all copies are wiped out. IMO

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas.

Chuck

2. RizyDeWino

RizyDeWino Well-Known Member

The Raw Log Manager in cpanel provides the option to archive the monthly logs , have you checked into this option ? (this can only help in future similar incidents though)

3. carock

carock Well-Known Member

I don't see that in WHM, is this an individual account only option?

I need something system wide. I have backup to an NFS server with plenty of room. I was hoping my monthly backup had last months logs, but all three backups are about the same.

Just timing unfortunately. I think the monthly backups may need another month to really be useful at the beginning of the month if they just have the same data as the first day of the month.

That means on Jan 1st, daily weekly and monthly backups were identical with nothing from the previous day available.

Chuck

4. RizyDeWino

RizyDeWino Well-Known Member

Yes its an account level option .

Regarding backups though I am not sure (havnt checked) that at which day its doing the weekly backups , but I have seen many instances when a weekly backup is older than monthly backups, so if you are doing the weekly backups as well there do exist a possiblity that they are older than your monthly backups.