The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

last wish for a dying man

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mani, May 2, 2005.

1. Mani

Mani Well-Known Member

am some 38 years old now and planing to die at the AGE of 110 or some thing like that

my only one last wish in this life is to see

ONLY ONE SINGLE VERSION IF CPANEL WITH NOTHING BROKEN

do you guys think that is posible, like for god sake you just do one single update that dont screw other things and you dont get balmed from you client.

it might not be that big thing for some one who run one server for a single site

but when it is 10's if servers then I call it last wish for a dying man.

we wait like for ever to get a stable version which they call it stable, and on the very same day we see a current version hey am talking about the current version not the EDGE which you can see it each every 5 min.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Sorry, but you are dreaming if you ever think something as complex as cPanel with such varied platforms and environments could be bug-free. Quite simply, it can't. Dealing with cPanel is the same as dealing with any other application on your server, you need to understand its limitations and cope with its problems and face the reality of deailing with computers and software than runs on them.

3. ckizer

ckizer Well-Known Member

Well it's possible to get pretty close, but from my first hand experience with the "cpanel team" (live in person!) they smoke a little too much "cough cough" <--- I was a witness ;-)

4. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    As chirpy said, impossible. I deal with highend CMS's on a daily basis and even the ones costing in the 6-7 $$ figures are not bug free nor perfect in any sense of the word and never will be. It's the nature of the beast, the larger and more complex the software the more issues you are going to have. Especially when having support it on multiple platforms and servers.

5. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Stop your whining, go try a less feature rich control panel ( which would of course be less likely to have bugs but will still have them ), and leave us alone. If there are bugs, report them, they get fixed in a matter of hours depending on when you've submitted. If you don't want to submit the bug reports, how do you expect cpanel to know about them ?

In once sence you're complaining about the number of releases ( which I assume atm are mainly bug fixes ) and in another way your complaining there's not enough bug fixes. Sence no you make!!

Now, what is your problem currently and what are the bugzilla ID's of each ?

6. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

I think it would be nice to see one version that you can have automatically updated if you wish ..BUT have cpanel allow the option to "revert" to say 5 prior versions in case of problems and have those listed by date / version#.

7. gorilla

gorilla Well-Known Member

rpmws , that sounds like "windows system restore" :p

8. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

you don't have to insult me!!!! hehe :)

well kinda ..but cpanel already does this with the httpd.conf version roll back and it's kinda like that with the diff versions already