SOLVED Latest cPanel Update causes 404 errors

katmai

Mar 13, 2006
Brno, Czech Republic
i am experiencing the same thing and i enabled the options you guys mentioned but still all my sites show 404.

i created a ticket:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @Ovivo and @xlightwaverx,

It's possible this relates to the existence of custom Apache template files (files ending in .local) in the following directory:

/var/cpanel/templates/apache2_4/

Can you verify if custom Apache templates are utilized on the affected server? If so, the solution to this issue is to update these custom templates to account for updates in the new default templates (the files ending in .default). This particular action is discussed more on the following thread:

The system detected EasyApache 4 template change

Or, as a workaround until you have time to update your custom Apache templates, you can browse to "WHM >> Home >> Service Configuration >> Apache Configuration >> Global Configuration" and temporarily set "Optimize .htaccess (AllowOverride)" to "Search "/" and below (No optimization, Search Full Path)".

Note that internal case CPANEL-15454 is open to avoid offering the .htaccess optimization feature showcase if the server has .local template files for Apache.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

To update, CPANEL-15454 is included with cPanel version 66.0.18:

Fixed case CPANEL-15454: Skip .htaccess optimize showcase if local apache template exist.

This will ensure the .htaccess optimization feature showcase doesn't appear on systems with custom Apache templates after updating to cPanel version 66 for the first time.

Thank you.