SOLVED Latest Source Guardian Loaders

MikeMartinOSM

Registered
Apr 8, 2016
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello, we recently upgraded our Source Guardian license to the latest version. Issue we are having is cPanel/EasyApache is supplying Source Guardian loader version 11.0.6 (which is from Oct 2016) when our encrypted code requires loader version 11.1.5.

Is there a way to update the source guardian loader to 11.1.5 within cPanel? If I were to manually update, would cPanel revert the source guardian loader back to 11.0.6 upon restart/upgrade?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

This would be an EasyApache 4 update as opposed to a cPanel update. To update EasyApache 4, you can perform either of the following actions:

1. Click Run System Update in WHM's EasyApache 4 interface (WHM >> Home >> Software >> EasyApache 4).
2. Run the yum update command.

I'll monitor the internal case and update this thread once it's published.

Thank you.

Loqman

Registered
Mar 25, 2018
Paris
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hello,

This would be an EasyApache 4 update as opposed to a cPanel update. To update EasyApache 4, you can perform either of the following actions:

1. Click Run System Update in WHM's EasyApache 4 interface (WHM >> Home >> Software >> EasyApache 4).
2. Run the yum update command.

I'll monitor the internal case and update this thread once it's published.

Thank you.
Hello,

Using system update as you mentioned before, doesn't update sourceguardian as the latest version available in the cPanel repos is 11.0.6 :

# yum info ea-php56-php-sourceguardian

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, universal-hooks
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* EA4: 185.69.232.245
* cpanel-addons-production-feed: 185.69.232.245
* base: mirrors.coreix.net
* extras: mirrors.coreix.net
* updates: mirrors.coreix.net
Installed Packages
Name : ea-php56-php-sourceguardian
Arch : x86_64
Version : 11.0.6
Release : 2.2.79.cpanel
Size : 190 k
Repo : installed
From repo : EA4
Summary : Loader for SourceGuardian-encoded PHP files
URL : http://www.sourceguardian.com/loaders.php
License : Redistributable
Description : The SourceGuardian Loader enables use of SourceGuardian-encoded PHP
: files running under PHP 5.6.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Using system update as you mentioned before, doesn't update sourceguardian as the latest version available in the cPanel repos is 11.0.6
Hello @Loqman,

The newer SourceGuardian version is not yet available with EasyApache 4. My response was an answer to the previous poster asking about how to update to the latest Sourceguardian version once internal case EA-7324 is published.

Thank you.

Loqman

Registered
Mar 25, 2018
Paris
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hello @Loqman,

The newer SourceGuardian version is not yet available with EasyApache 4. My response was an answer to the previous poster asking about how to update to the latest Sourceguardian version once internal case EA-7324 is published.

Thank you.
Hello Michael,

Thanks for your answer, yes we actually just wanted to know when it will be available (even approximatively) , to inform our customers.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011