The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest update Exim 4.86 and DSN

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by koda, Oct 29, 2015.

1. koda

koda Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've seen that now CPanel ships with Exim 4.86 and this version has now included the delivery report notification no more as experimental feature but as already active.
    In our advanced config we put the line: dsn_advertise_hosts = * and this used to work before the latest exim update with an exim build me made activating the experimental feature.
    Now that the feature is included (infact exim is still working otherwise it wouldn't recognize the dsn_advertise_hosts = * line in config and stop working) the delivery notification don't work anymore.
    Any hint?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Were you able to verify if delivery notifications work as expected when removing your custom dsn_advertise_hosts entry from the Exim configuration?

Thank you.

3. koda

koda Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hallo Michael I tried both with and without the option in advanced config (by the way the option is not recognized by WHM options parser but still works since exim doesn't hang), but the successfull delivery notifications, when enabled in webmails or clients (Outlook) don't come back. The other delivery status notification of course work as always (errors, and such)

4. koda

koda Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just to follow up... we added reverse dns to the mail server (it was still missing). Then following suggestions of a user in the exim mailing list we attempted a debug launching exim -d-all but after that no debug was necessary since the DSN started working correctly. We then stopped and restarted exim without added command line parameters and it's still working as intended.
    Great

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm happy to see the issue is now addressed. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.