The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

latest update fault

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by webhostau, Jun 10, 2004.

1. webhostau

webhostau Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    hi there,

How do i restore the previous cpanel/whm?? the lastest version is causing me nightmares.

Security A Security hole has been discovered in the cPanel's suexec/mod_php handlers. To resolve the problem:????

Cheers, Fred

2. wptechno

wptechno Active Member

I did it too

I've upgrade my cpanel because of the security alert too. I now can't use my domain names to access the cpanel. Everything else works using the ip. I did a /scripts/fixeverything and /scripts/updatenow twice and restarted all of my services. Still no good. Might anyone have any insight on how to restore this?

3. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

Did you just upgrade cpanel? Or did you rebuild apache first and then upgrade cpanel?

4. wptechno

wptechno Active Member

just upgraded

All I know is, it told me there was a security hole and it was severe. It said upgrade by june 8th and it is june 10th which worried me so I clicked on the upgrade link and then clicked a button called build that was located in the new stand alone window.

5. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

Re: just upgraded

I believe you need to run the apache security update first, then update Cpanel/WHM. You maybe able to change back to the lastest STABLE, by changing your update preference, the run the upcp again, then update apache, then update your Cpanel/WHM with the lastest RELEASE... I believe that is the sequence to get things back to normal... I maybe wrong, but that seems to do it for most people with similar problems :)

Mickalo

6. wptechno

wptechno Active Member

I don't see a place in update prefs to roll back. Is there another way togo back to the older version?

7. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

in the WHM, under the Change Update Preference, check to box for Automatic STABLE(tree) for the Cpanel/WHM Updates , then save, then run the Cpanel/WHM update, this should bring you back to the lastest STABLE tree, once that's done, run the Easyapache update, which fixes the mod_ssl. But if your using PHPsuexec and Suexec you should be OK :)

Mickalo