Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Learning how to use CPanel : installing a copy on my computer ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SecondSight, Jul 26, 2009.

1. SecondSight

SecondSight Well-Known Member

Hello !

I'm not working now and I've made up my mind learning CPanel and managing servers. :)

In fact, I'm not a real server admin : I only have one rather big web site on one server, and a few little web sites on another little server. Both servers work with CPanel/WHM.

Each time I use CPanel online, I fear that I could make something stupid and mess up everything. And in fact I did once... It took me one day to repair everything. I don't want this to happen again.

So I would like to know if it's possible to install CPanel/WHM on my personal computer, along with my web sites, so that I can make changes locally first and also learn how to use it ?

If it's possible, how should I proceed ? And if it's not, can you give me pieces of advice to install a copy of my websites locally ?

Thanks a lot ! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. serversignature

serversignature Well-Known Member

If you wish to download and install the cPanel and WHM package, you can obtain a trial license from the cPanel Store.

Requirement : server with base OS install, static public ip address to try cPanel and WHM.

hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...