The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leave Message on Server for x Days - Not Working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by shw, May 5, 2007.

1. shw

shw Active Member

Oct 24, 2006
    I have a client who is all POP3 and one user wants to leave the messages on the server for about 10 days because he has a Treo which also checks POP3. The reason being if he leaves Outlook open at work by accident he doesn't want to lose the Treo's ability.

However it is not deleting messages at all. I confirmed he does, in fact, have the appropriate box checked and the number 10 in the appropriate field. I was noticing a large increase in this client's overall disk utilization thus found emails in the one user's email box back to 4/1. I since deleted them up to 10 days back but still no go. I really do not think this is an Outlook issue at this point.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. jrehmer

jrehmer Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2003
    Denver, CO
    This is most likely a problem with the e-mail client. I would highly recommend this user switch to using IMAP (which they'll have no problems with on the Treo). IMAP was designed for this kind of thing exactly. Plus the user can keep mail on the server, or move it off to a local PST (or whatever) file.

Kind Regards,