The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legacy File Manager behaviour ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GJONES, Sep 6, 2011.

1. GJONES

GJONES Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello something appears to have changed in the Legacy File Manager behaviour ?
    I will try to explain:
    I have been using the Legacy File Manager to upload photos for use in Ebay auctions - I upload the photo - and previously - when I clicked / highlighted the picture I want to use in the ebay auction - there was a direct link shown in the right hand pane of the file manager - easy to copy / paste into my auction....
    I have just tried to use this today - and the direct link is no longer there - what I have showing is a "Show File Contents" menu item on the right hand side - and that opens a new window in a "viewer" - but now has a much more complex link to the actual image...
    Is there any way to return to the previous behaviour ? - the current behaviour is not much use - and I can't think of any other way to obtain that direct link as easily as I could before...
    Thanks.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I'm still seeing all options as before. The URL option is at bottom of the list in right frame.

3. GJONES

GJONES Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Certainly not showing in my case - my hosting company are seeing the same behaviour on the server - but are seeing the old behaviour on a different server - so maybe a CPanel upgrade has altered this part of the Legacy File Manager ?