Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Legacy File Manager behaviour ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GJONES, Sep 6, 2011.

1. GJONES

GJONES Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello something appears to have changed in the Legacy File Manager behaviour ?
    I will try to explain:
    I have been using the Legacy File Manager to upload photos for use in Ebay auctions - I upload the photo - and previously - when I clicked / highlighted the picture I want to use in the ebay auction - there was a direct link shown in the right hand pane of the file manager - easy to copy / paste into my auction....
    I have just tried to use this today - and the direct link is no longer there - what I have showing is a "Show File Contents" menu item on the right hand side - and that opens a new window in a "viewer" - but now has a much more complex link to the actual image...
    Is there any way to return to the previous behaviour ? - the current behaviour is not much use - and I can't think of any other way to obtain that direct link as easily as I could before...
    Thanks.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I'm still seeing all options as before. The URL option is at bottom of the list in right frame.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GJONES

GJONES Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Certainly not showing in my case - my hosting company are seeing the same behaviour on the server - but are seeing the old behaviour on a different server - so maybe a CPanel upgrade has altered this part of the Legacy File Manager ?