Let's Encrypt for cPanel strange issue

rscalover

Dec 16, 2010
Hello,

I installed the "Let's Encrypt" plugin for cPanel and selected the Let's Encrypt provider in whm .The test you can run on websites like "whynopadlock" says i passed all the tests but for some reason the SSL certificate still displays "Verified by cPanel" while that should be "Verified by Let's Encrypt" it's just a detail but it bothers me when people know i have a cPanel server well that is private information in my opinion.

I also found an older post Change cPanel SSL certificates to let's encrypt is that the solution to this issue ? i'm not sure.

kodeslogic

Apr 26, 2020
IN
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Check SSL at => https://sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html

Let us know SSL issuer name you see in the below line

The certificate was issued by: ?

ffeingol

PartnerNOC
Nov 9, 2001
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
It sounds like you have the cPanel (powered by Sectigo) set as the AutoSSL provider (or at least it was set) and then you came back and changed it to Let's Encrypt? If that's true Let's Encrypt is not going to replace those certs at least until it's about to expire. the cPanel/Sectigo certs are valid for a year, while the Let's Encrypt ones are 90 days.

rscalover

Dec 16, 2010
Hello,

I remember a while ago i was tired of the ssl warning firefox browser gives you i must have activated the Sectigo stuff but the thing is when cPanel is mentioned people also know /cpanel , /whm (dedicated or reseller hosting) /webmail etc etc are priviledged urls just a detail but it bothers me maybe i'm paranoid