The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets encrypt issues

Discussion in 'Security' started by mothabhau, Mar 23, 2017.

1. mothabhau

mothabhau Registered

Hello,

I am confused with this lets encrypt. I know it offers Auto SSL to all the domains however it has caused issues.

I had cpnginx installed on the server , however I removed it and now running apache. I installed lets encrypt and enabled the Auto SSL for one of the website. However while browsing that website with https it throws the error as connection refused and I have gave up with checking whats wrong with it now.

Please help

2. mothabhau

mothabhau Registered

I installed the lets encrypt , it never worked with any of my websites. Now I uninstalled it and now my apache is down with the error as

SSLCACertificateFile: file '/var/cpanel/ssl/installed/cabundles/Let_s_Encrypt_d5a69d0f2effae8513e08eaced2ccf28_1615999246.cabundle' does not exist or is empty

why lets encrypt do not delete these files.

Please suggest the fix as the whole server is down at the moment.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you verify which method you used to configure Let's Encrypt? Was it through the official cPanel plugin, or a third-party application?

Also, as a temporary fix, browse to "WHM >> Manage SSL Hosts" and remove the SSL certificate for the domain name if it exists. If it does not exist, try rebuilding the Apache configuration file via:

Code:
    /scripts/rebuildhttpdconf
    You can also open a support ticket if you'd like us to take a closer look and help ensure Apache is running.

Thank you.