Let's Encrypt Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cPanelUser-Inactive

If this is true, I agree. Your mastery of the craft is phenomenal. I am trying to figure out how this is the case though since they are all on the same virtual host.

Thanks!
It seems like, based on her description, they aren't on the same vhost. In this case they're pointed to the same directory, but each vhost would be separate in the Apache configuration file, allowing for different SSLs to be served for them.

trex005

Registered
Jul 22, 2016
USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
all of these sites are served by the same WPMS installation in the same cPanel account, and all point to \public_html\. WPMS handles the lookup of each domain and serving up the appropriate blog content.
It looks like these would all be alias domains. I'm not sure how to do that with separate vhosts. If they are addon domains instead, does that make them a separate vhost?

C

cPanelUser-Inactive

It looks like these would all be alias domains. I'm not sure how to do that with separate vhosts. If they are addon domains instead, does that make them a separate vhost?
Yup! If they're just parks it will definitely cause problems, but if they're configured as their own subdomain, or as an addon domain, they'll get their own vhosts, and their own SSLs.

C

cPanelUser-Inactive

Any idea when the plugin will be released?
We don't have a definite date yet, and while I'm pretty confident it'll be out in the next couple weeks... it *might* be as early as next week. No promises! But as soon as I know for sure I'll let you all know.

bgarrant

Jun 27, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
What makes the LE certs any different than the cPanel Comodo ones we can already get? I added them to all client accounts using AutoSSL already. Is there any difference?

C

cPanelUser-Inactive

What makes the LE certs any different than the cPanel Comodo ones we can already get? I added them to all client accounts using AutoSSL already. Is there any difference?
At their core, there's little difference between the two, and which you use is pretty much just based on preference.

bgarrant

Jun 27, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
At their core, there's little difference between the two, and which you use is pretty much just based on preference.
I know they both renew every 90 days but is there a limit on how many times it can renew? We really want to offer free SSL for clients that just use them for forms and CMS stuff, and charge for EV certs fore commerce sites. Also, any idea when the EV certs will be in the Market area?

bgarrant

Jun 27, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Benny would you happen to know the answer to this question? It is kind of related.

I am wondering why we would charge our customers for a cPanel or Comodo DV SSL cert in the cPanel Market area when we can give them for free using Manage AutoSSL? Are they different somehow? I am all for making money, but since AutoSSL can get free cPanel DV certs I just don't understand the Market. I can see using it for OV or EV SSL certs when that feature is added.

Can anyone explain the difference between the AutoSSL certs and the ones issues when purchased in the cPanel Market? And different limits or features?

Also, aren't these basically same as like RapidSSL certs?

mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cPanelUser-Inactive

I know they both renew every 90 days but is there a limit on how many times it can renew? We really want to offer free SSL for clients that just use them for forms and CMS stuff, and charge for EV certs fore commerce sites. Also, any idea when the EV certs will be in the Market area?
There's no limit to how long they will renew at this time, and I can't fathom a time in which the certificate authorities would limit that (or that cPanel ever would).

We're hoping to see EV certs added to the Marketplace in v60. Watch the cPanel blog for that announcement. :)

C

cPanelUser-Inactive

I am so happy to tell you all that the Let's Encrypt plugin has left beta and is now in a public release! If you are running cPanel & WHM version 58.0.17 or above (the EDGE or CURRENT tiers right now), you can now install the plugin using the command line by running this command:

/scripts/install_lets_encrypt_autossl_provider

Running that script will add cPanel's repo file and make sure the plugin is up to date, which will add it as a provider to the AutoSSL feature introduced in 58. If you want to enable it after you add it to the server, you will need to do so from WHM.

2016-08-08_1627.png

Please note, there are some domain and subdomain limits that are enforced by Let's Encrypt that we attempt to outline here:

Manage AutoSSL - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

If all goes well, we will be adding this plugin to the list of plugins provided in the WHM interface in cPanel & WHM version 60.

I want to mention, the most commonly requested feature in relation to this, SNI support for cpsrvd (which includes webmail, cPanel, WHM, etc) is being tracked in this feature request, and *may* make it in to cPanel & WHM version 60, but may be delayed to version 62:

SSL certificate per domain on all services

If you have any questions, or encounter any problems, feel free to comment here, send me an email, or open up a support ticket, as is appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.