The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LetsEncrypt Delete all expired Certificates

Discussion in 'Security' started by ethical, Feb 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ethical

ethical Well-Known Member

I accidentally ran ssl on all the domains on the server and i need a way to delete all expired Letsencrypt certificates? how can i do this? right now its showing the end users domain the mail server configuration section of cpanel and if they use that they get certificate warnings (sub question how can I change the NON ssl mail server settings to also use the servers hostname?)

thanks!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The AutoSSL feature should automatically renew the certificates before expiration. Do you notice any particular error messages for the domain names in the log files under the "Logs" tab in "WHM >> Manage AutoSSL"?

Thank you.

3. ethical

ethical Well-Known Member

Hi Michael

thanks for the reply, well 3 things

1) I charge a one time setup fee to enable LE partly because its a bit of work to help people get all their site elements secure as well so if they dont sign up for it they should not have it.
    2) if a browser using https everywhere detects the site to have https it will load that up but then give warnings about the cert and the site content.
    3) it changes the ssl email setup info in the cpanel to use their own domain.
    4) it causes the manage ssl hosts page to load really slowly

so basically i dont want them to have it if they didnt sign up for it so i need to remove all expired certs.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You'd need to disable the AutoSSL feature for the account via "WHM >> Manage AutoSSL" and then remove the certificate using "WHM >> Manage SSL Hosts". However, keep in mind that self-signed certificates are automatically issued for domain names without SSL certificates as of cPanel version 62. More information on that topic is found on the following thread:

Problem with automatically generated self-signed SSL certificates

Thank you.