Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED LetsEncrypt for email only server

Discussion in 'Security' started by macklus, Nov 30, 2016.

1. macklus

macklus Active Member

Hi all:

I have a Cpanel server who only servers email for domain. All the websites are serve from hight-optimized-nginx vps.

Now letsencrypt and autossl start to work fine, i wish to use SSL certs for mail.domain.tld on my mail-only feature packages, but this option is not available when i edit mail-only feature package.

is there any way to use letsencrypt to sign mail.domain.tld domains and not domain.tld or www.domain.tld??

thanks in advance

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

AutoSSL will only include domains and subdomains that pass a Domain Control Validation (DCV) test, which proves ownership of the domain. If the website is hosted on a remote server, then the validation process will fail.

Thank you.

3. macklus

macklus Active Member

Hi:
    Mail.domain.tld Will Be pointed to cpanel server, si you can validate without problema.
    More than that, i can use letsencript manually to sign mai.domain.tld, si cpanel could do It also

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

AutoSSL domain validation would still fail if the cPanel account is created with "domain.tld" as the domain name because it's not currently possible to exclude domain names associated with the account. I encourage you to vote and add your feedback to the existing feature request at:

AutoSSL: Prevent specific domains from being issued free SSL certificates

Thank you.