Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

lfd: High 5 minute load average alert - 427.32

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Giorgi, May 6, 2007.

1. Giorgi

Giorgi Member

My server get crashed :( Can anybody explain what is causing such high load? LOG ATTACHED

thank you

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      79.9 KB
      Views:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. rachweb

rachweb Well-Known Member

Apache is the problem. I think one of the site(s) are causing this High load.

3. logikstudios

logikstudios Well-Known Member

Rachweb, i think you are correct. Look at all the Apache uses. It may only be only using about 0.1% most of the time (sometime 1.9%), but if you add them all up. They do count. Look at which sites are the highest demanding.

Thanks,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. katmai

katmai Well-Known Member

that looks like an apache DoS. suggestion to fire up a firewall, and to check apache status, to see which site is being targeted, then act accordingly.

5. Giorgi

Giorgi Member

Thank you guys for replay.

I did research and found out that this is caused be my file upload/download script... the point is that user downloads files with Download Manager s and it causes more and more connections to be triggered.

Can you suggest some MOD s or something to somehow limit per IP connection amount?

Thanx again