Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

LibClamAV Error: cli_loaddb(): No supported database files found.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nisamudeen97, Sep 10, 2012.

1. nisamudeen97

nisamudeen97 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    LibClamAV Error: cli_loaddb(): No supported database files found in /usr/share/clamav
    ERROR: Can't open file or directory

I tried the resolution steps mentioned in the below threads.
    http://forums.cpanel.net/f43/problem-starting-clamav-109321.html
    http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/problem-clamav-154441.html

This didn't helped. The error still exists. I tried reinstalling clamav using whm still the database folder is found empty. I also tried increasing the cpanel memory to 512M. I checked the cpanel logs and checked the installation log there was not error at all. I have followed the below steps.

cd /usr/share
    mkdir -p clamav
    chown clamav:clamav clamav
    freshclam -v

re-installed from WHM -> Plugins via UPCP. It needs to be patched or re-installed as follows:

cd /usr/local/cpanel/mod*/clam* (/usr/local/cpanel/modules-install/clamavconnector-Linux-x86_64)
    ./uninstall
    ./install

Finally I was able to solve the issue by restoring the database contents from another server "/usr/share/clamav". We copied the files bytecode.cld, daily.cld, main.cld, mirrors.dat to the server having the issue. Now clamd started working :)

I am sure this is not a proper method of solving the clamd database issue. It will be great if somebody helps.

#1 nisamudeen97, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012