The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

libipt_string.so

Discussion in 'Security' started by disappointed, Jan 15, 2012.

1. disappointed

disappointed Active Member

Sorry to beat a dead horse after so many years.

I still would like this on both my boxes libipt_string.so

I pay the data center for the servers and you each month on time what equals two very nice care payments

I get told why dont I move to two newr yet more exspensive boxes this would take me to about 9 bills each month not going to happen..

you do manange to update and patch cpanel each time it comes out with out fail

Why cant you come up with a way to supply this file and patch the kernel Iptables already calls it so I know it has been vendor removed for a reason and not complied in and yet no one will give me a reason.

I know the reason here it is in a nut shell "look if we gave you guys every thing you wanted then there would be no reason for you to move from a server to another we would lose money"

you know I just right new rules when I have a problem data centers and greed say upgrade after 7 years I want an answer or a fix

iptables v1.2.11

up2date iptables will not update it because there is no update available

is there an rpm to in stall a newer version.

these are the same questions I have been asking for years now

I know I am a broken record.

If you delete me then you will have to stop charging me for cpanel every month as well

I have brought up how your imputs feilds are cut off as well they dont get fixed I know one day they will be.

I use stable release only

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    iptables is provided by the operating system kernel, which is handled by your hosting provider. This would not be handled by cPanel, since cPanel does not install iptables on the system. As such, you would want to take this up with your hosting provider or the OS vendor directly.

3. ChrisFirth

ChrisFirth Active Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    +1 to Tristan.

On a side note, my CentOS servers all have the string module there by default on plain vanilla installs (CentOS x64 5.X). Looking at the file listings from the iptables RPM (both i386/x64 releases) it appears to be in there as well. As we can't guess what distro and version you are using, perhaps a visit to their forums would be a good start.