The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

libkeyutils.so.1.3.1 trojan false positive?

Discussion in 'Security' started by nightownl, Apr 9, 2017.

1. nightownl

nightownl Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

I have been researching this the last two days and have not gotten very far. I have contacted my hosting provider and they ran a malware scan that came back clean as well as other commands to run and try to determine if I indeed have a trojan on my server.

This is the error I have in the Security Adviser in WHM:

Libkeyutils check: “/lib64/libkeyutils.so.1.3.1” is not owned by any system packages. This indicates a possible server compromise. (NOTE: Corrupted RPM databases can report this as a false positive).

I do have a libkeyutils1.3.1 and libkeyutils1.3 with the symlink going to the 1.3.1

However, every other commands I enter to try and substantiate the flag turns up nothing.

ssh -G 2>&1 | grep -e illegal -e unknown > /dev/null && echo "System clean" || echo "System infected" -> this returns System Clean
    netstat -nap | grep proc/udevd" --> no results
    ipcs -m returns shared memory segments with the largest being 1200712 bytes (documents show a compromised system has over 3MB)

So, not really sure where to go from here. Is WHM reporting a false positive? or is my RPM database corrupt?

Thanks for the help!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. nightownl

nightownl Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thank you for the link. I will run through those commands and see what I can find