Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

libssl.so.10 cannot open

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ::Gomez::, Oct 23, 2016.

1. ::Gomez::

::Gomez:: Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi! suddenly I started to see this error on my cPanel server..

for example..

root@localhost# service httpd status
    linx: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.10 cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

I tried with /scripts/fixeverything but it didnt help...
    also with /scripts/fixndc

it said...

warning /etc/named.conf appears to contain errors wich could not be corrected automatically
    /usr/sbin/named-checkconf: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libbind9.so.80: invalid ELF header

any idea?

thanks in advance!

2. Eric

Eric Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Howdy,

I'm sorry your system is down. It looks like some system libraries are missing. I would highly recommend opening a ticket with cPanel support as this sounds more complicated than a single issue for a forum thread.

If you would like to generate a list of files that have changed since your system installed them you can use "rpm -qaV" and it will print out all files that are changed, missing, or modified. Some of this is normal (say httpd.conf you added a website and that's good) but libraries being outright missing means you'd need to hunt them down and reinstall them. Or rebuild the service/application with the new location.

Thanks!