The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

libxml2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eugeniopacheco, Nov 27, 2010.

1. eugeniopacheco

eugeniopacheco Registered

Hi,

I downloaded that script and tried to run it as root in SSH:

root@fdc03 [~]# ./libxml64fix
    Can't locate cPScript/HttpRequest.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /scripts /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at ./libxml64fix line 5.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./libxml64fix line 5.

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,

Eugenio Pacheco

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: rebuild libxml2

I moved your post to its own thread, since the original thread to which you replied is over three years old, and the fix Nick provided in that thread may no longer be applicable to your situation. The original thread to which you replied is here:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f42/rebuild-libxml2-68393.html

Can you give us more details about what, exactly, you are trying to do? Are you using RHEL 4 or RHEL 5, or a CentOS equivalent of one of those RHEL versions?

3. eugeniopacheco

eugeniopacheco Registered

Hi,

I'm using CentOS 5 and I have cPanel installed in it. I'm trying to install a modified version of icecast and I'm getting the following error during compilation:

libtool: link: gcc -g -O2 -o icecast cfgfile.o main.o logging.o sighandler.o connection.o global.o util.o slave.o source.o stats.o refbuf.o client.o xslt.o fserve.o event.o admin.o md5.o format.o format_ogg.o format_mp3.o format_midi.o format_flac.o auth.o auth_htpasswd.o format_kate.o format_skeleton.o mpeg.o flv.o format_vorbis.o auth_url.o yp.o auth_cmd.o -L/usr/local/lib net/.libs/libicenet.a thread/.libs/libicethread.a httpp/.libs/libicehttpp.a log/.libs/libicelog.a avl/.libs/libiceavl.a timing/.libs/libicetiming.a -L/usr/kerberos/lib -lcurl -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lidn -lssl -lcrypto -lvorbis -L/usr/lib -lxslt /usr/lib/libxml2.so -ldl -lz -lm -lrt
    /usr/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlXPathContextSetCache'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[3]: *** [icecast] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/icecastlinux/icecast-2.3.2-kh27.1/src'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/icecastlinux/icecast-2.3.2-kh27.1/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/icecastlinux/icecast-2.3.2-kh27.1'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

When looking for "/usr/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlXPathContextSetCache'" in google the post I replied to came up, and I tried using that libxml64fix which is still available for download.

Also, I finally got it fixed by doing the following:

rm libxml2.so
    rm libxml2.so.2
    ln -s /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2.6.26 /usr/lib/libxml2.so
    ln -s /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2.6.26 /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2

It seems during installation of libxml2 on cPanel, it installed version 2.6.23 of libxml2. I upgraded to 2.6.26 and recreated the symbolic links and icecast finally compiled all right.

Best regards,

Eugenio Pacheco

4. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You need to download this script instead:

http://layer2.cpanel.net/autofixer2/libxml64fix

The scripts in Index of /autofixer/ are for older versions of the Product which still have a /scripts/cPScript directory. We removed that directory in 11.28 and updated the autofixers for that.