License - Am I being ripped off?

tommyxv

Jun 15, 2006
Hello,

I run one site, one domain, on one dedicated server. Why do I have to pay $45 a month for a cPanel license that supports up to 500 accounts? Seems like there should be something less expensive. Host says it's cPanel and not them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2021-06-04_17-05-31.png

cPJustinD

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2021
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello Tommy! The Dedicated cPanel Premier (100 Accounts) License is designed to be installed on a full dedicated server, which allocates 100% of its hardware to the operations of that machine. The Solo, Admin, and Pro licenses are designed for VPS or Cloud systems.

The cPanel & WHM Metal license version is designed to be on a full dedicated server in which 100% of the hardware is allocated to the operations of that machine. The cPanel & WHM Cloud license is designed to be installed within a virtually supported environment. For example, running on virtualization software such as :
KVM
Linux-VServer
Microsoft Server® 2008/2012 Hyper-V (cPanel only supports the drivers and configurations that Microsoft provides.)
OpenVZ (stable releases only)
Oracle VM VirtualBox, VirtualBox OSE
Virtuozzo™
VMware® Server, VMware® ESX Server
Xen, XenEnterprise™, XenExpress™, XenServer™

Both products have the same features, and the cPanel & WHM Cloud version optimizes the initial configuration to make the best use of memory and processors in a virtualized environment.

If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding this licensing, please open a support ticket to speak with our Customer Service team, and we would be happy to take a closer look!

Thank you!