The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

License could not be activated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mmarch, May 10, 2009.

1. mmarch

mmarch Active Member

Hello!!!

I am using cPanel WHM for 5 month. I'm renting server with cpanel WHM inside. Today all my sites 70+ show 500Error and Server whm acces page - License could not be activated.

Your license could not be activated because:
    Unknown License File Version (has=,needed=15). This means that the system failed to get a new license, or part of the update process failed. If you are the server admin, you should run /usr/local/cpanel/etc/init/stopcpsrvd and then /scripts/upcp --force to attempt to resyncronize.

I click the verify link and it says my WHM is licensed.

195.60.248.58 ONE-YEAR cPanel Direct active on: 2009-01-16 09:39:44, group: SIA Latvijas Tikli LTD posix active N/A

i found in cPanel forum thread about checks i need to do -

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=107713

1. Is the license actually expired?

You can see if your license is expired by visiting http://verify.cpanel.net

No my license is active

2. Does the primary IP address of the server match the IP address of the license? Also, are your resolvers working?

From SSH, type the following command to determine your server's primary IP address:

Code:

curl http://www.cPanel.net/showip.cgi

Yes, my IP address is correct.

3. Do you have a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN)?

Type the following command via SSH:

Code:

host 'hostname'

Your hostname should be of the format something.example.com, not just something.

In my case the answer was - Host top.tikli.lv not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

In this topic was not explaination what to do in this case...

4. Refresh the license

Type the following command as root from SSH:

Code:

/usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt

If all you see is "done" then this command has been successful. If something else is displayed on the screen, please let our technical analysts assist you: http://tickets.cPanel.net/submit

after this command there are lot of problems -

root@top [~]# /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt
    2009-05-10 15:30:53 warn [cpkeyclt] safelock: waited for lock twice at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeFile.pm line 128
    Cpanel::SafeFile::safelock('/etc/wwwacct.conf') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeFile.pm line 24
    Cpanel::SafeFile::safeopen(GLOB(0x96b6acc), '<', '/etc/wwwacct.conf') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Conf ig/LoadConfig.pm line 54
    Cpanel::Config::LoadConfig::loadConfig('/etc/wwwacct.conf', HASH(0x8340b50), '\\s+') called at /usr/local/cpa nel/Cpanel/Config/LoadWwwAcctConf.pm line 99
    Cpanel::Config::LoadWwwAcctConf::loadwwwacctconf() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CpKeyClt.pm line 95
    Cpanel::CpKeyClt::cpkeyclt() called at cpkeyclt.pl line 24
    warn [cpkeyclt] safelock: waited for lock twice
    2009-05-10 15:30:53 warn [cpkeyclt] could not get a lock at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeFile.pm line 51
    Cpanel::SafeFile::safeopen(GLOB(0x96b6acc), '<', '/etc/wwwacct.conf') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Conf ig/LoadConfig.pm line 54
    Cpanel::Config::LoadConfig::loadConfig('/etc/wwwacct.conf', HASH(0x8340b50), '\\s+') called at /usr/local/cpa nel/Cpanel/Config/LoadWwwAcctConf.pm line 99
    Cpanel::Config::LoadWwwAcctConf::loadwwwacctconf() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CpKeyClt.pm line 95
    warn [cpkeyclt] could not get a lock
    2009-05-10 15:30:53 warn [Cpanel::Config::LoadConfig] Unable to open /etc/wwwacct.conf: at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ Config/LoadConfig.pm line 88
    warn [Cpanel::Config::LoadConfig] Unable to open /etc/wwwacct.conf:
    2009-05-10 15:30:53 warn [cpkeyclt] safelock: waited for lock twice at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeFile.pm line 128
    Cpanel::SafeFile::safelock('/etc/wwwacct.conf.shadow') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeFile.pm line 24
    Cpanel::SafeFile::safeopen(GLOB(0x96b6acc), '<', '/etc/wwwacct.conf.shadow') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpan el/Config/LoadConfig.pm line 54
    Cpanel::Config::LoadConfig::loadConfig('/etc/wwwacct.conf.shadow', HASH(0x8340b50), '\\s+') called at /usr/lo cal/cpanel/Cpanel/Config/LoadWwwAcctConf.pm line 99
    warn [cpkeyclt] safelock: waited for lock twice
    2009-05-10 15:30:53 warn [cpkeyclt] could not get a lock at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeFile.pm line 51
    Cpanel::SafeFile::safeopen(GLOB(0x96b6acc), '<', '/etc/wwwacct.conf.shadow') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpan el/Config/LoadConfig.pm line 54
    Cpanel::Config::LoadConfig::loadConfig('/etc/wwwacct.conf.shadow', HASH(0x8340b50), '\\s+') called at /usr/lo cal/cpanel/Cpanel/Config/LoadWwwAcctConf.pm line 99
    warn [cpkeyclt] could not get a lock
    2009-05-10 15:30:53 warn [Cpanel::Config::LoadConfig] Unable to open /etc/wwwacct.conf.shadow: at /usr/local/cpanel/ Cpanel/Config/LoadConfig.pm line 88
    warn [Cpanel::Config::LoadConfig] Unable to open /etc/wwwacct.conf.shadow:
    Updating Internal cPanel Information.....Failed to safely open license file
    .Done

Please help!!!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:

That's your answer right there.