The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

License for more server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Felixfree, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Felixfree

Felixfree Registered

I have four different servers: one Mail Server for only mail services, one Host Server on Linux Debian with secondary DNS, one Host Server on Windows 2000 Server and one external server with primary DNS and others services that not requests cPanel. How many licenses of cPanel I need If I want to supply cPanel for Hosting domains on two servers (Linux and Windows), comprensive of mail services, if my servers structured is configurated how I have description?

Thank you for your answers! :)

2. jester.ro

jester.ro Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    cpanel, as far as i know, does not support different services on different servers.

i mean the most important of them, http an mail, must be on the same server (of course you can move the mx to another server, but then you cannot configure email acocunts from cpanel).

what i recommend:

get 1 cpanel licence,a nd put it on your main server.
    cpanel has a bad habit of eating many resources, so put it on you most powerfull server.

then configure another server for mail (i would recommend qmail for hardcore email needs, or postfix, for easy configuration). And then on the third server put the dns.
    for dns you can get a dns-only cpanl licence(i have no ideea what it is, but i saw it on the download page).