The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

License issue with interserver.net

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pizzaman, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pizzaman

pizzaman Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I need to address this, with full hope that cPanel may be able to do something with it.

It came to my attention on the 16th, that one of our cPanel licenses was deactivated. It's very strange because it's a monthly type license which was bought through interserver.net a year or so ago. I contacted interserver and cPanel at the same time. But since I'm in a different time zone (GMT+7) and knowing fully well that I couldn't wait another 12-24 hours before someone on their support line came to the attention of my ticket, I decided to just pay for that license (on the same IP) again without knowing of the real problem. About an hour after their modernbill system charged my credit card (successfully), I received another out-of-nowhere email from interserver billing system, saying that "This is reminder #1 for due payment for services provided by Interserver, Inc."!. Another email following in a minute later saying that "Your invoice 3776 in the amount of $xx has been processed and approved. " What's that? Double payment?

Whatever, it's no big deal since it's just VPS typed license and not very expensive but I have a many customers who are depending on that server that I do care about. I thought I'd sort this out later. After paying for the license (probably with same credit card that interserver had on file--and it worked), I hoped the license will just automatically be activated soon. But no.

An hour later, cPanel answered me first and asked me to contact my license provider. That was ok, I thought.

So I waited for an answer from interserver, which came in another hour or so. Um, pretty good. The first answer was a little helpful.

So I answered, no I did not want to wait. I want it to be activated now. I also sent an email to cPanel with a copy of the msg above, but cPanel said "They need to contact us then to activate this license."

As hours passed, I sent some more email to interserver, hoping for some answers. But that came on that 17th, the next day, saying that:

So far so good. So I decided to send an email to cPanel to perhaps rush things up a bit. I had to leave town very early on the 18th, and I thought this should be ok now that they had a ticket open with cPanel.

I had a chance to talk to my colleauges who are doing support stuff, and they said the license is still inactive, and customers are on fire. I checked my email just today (21st) and what I found on my email was truely frustrating. An email from interserve to me on the 19th (my time), stated that

wihout further explanation.

I give up. I just realized I've been wasting time all along with Interserver.net. I checked with verify.cpanel.net and the msg saying that the license was deactived by JVDS. Wow, how come? This license was purchase through interserver, and why did JVDS deactive it? I just sent an email to JVDS, hoping that they WILL activate this license. All parties here should know my IP address already (I don't want to publish it here, or you/I will perhaps risk a lot of email from my outraged customers).

Any advice from you guys are appreciated. Don't flame be. I've been burnt enough.

Thanks everybody.

2. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

Unfortunatly this is not something that can or will be taken up in the forums. We cannot control what your license provider does, if you do not like how they work then you will need to take this up with them or move to a different provider.

Remember we cannot get both sides of the story on this type of issue.

You are also more than welcome to get a license directly from us and bypass the 3rd party.

3. pizzaman

pizzaman Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

They had sent tickets to cPanel but nothing happened. Latest request by JVDS was sent to cPanel almost 2 days ago. Earlier, I also sent 2 tickets to cPanel but were gently declined and asked me to contact license provider. Now what?

4. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

If it is happening as you are explaining you will need your licnese provider to contact cPanel. We cannot disclose or discuss any issues you may be having with this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.