The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

License problems - Complaint!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alaint, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Alaint

Alaint Member

Hallo, since this early morning got huge complainings from clients because they cannot use their webmail.
    Here is the error:
    (Cannot read license file)

I immediately contacted my provider who confirmed that it is a problem related to CPanel server and that our license is OK!
    They tested firewall etc etc so it is sure that it is not a problem of ours.

My provider contacted CPanel support with mails but over 5 hours nothing has changed and Cpanel support seems to be absent.

We have an important client with almost 600 webmail accounts blocked cause they mainly use online webmail and nothing happens from CPanel's side.
    I am really disapointed. We are loosing our face with them.

I recently passed to this pannel but never got such a failure before with other systems. I think a different way to manage activations should be considered to avoid such situations that sometimes accours as I found online.
    Regards

Ip. 93.95.218.63 - to whom it may concern

2. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    As root, try running this command:
    /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    As of the time of writing I am showing that the IP address currently has an active license. For reference, it appears there was a change in the Partner NOC (distributor) that was used (i.e., a change in where the license was obtained from) and an approximate 2-day time difference between the two; this can be seen on our license verification page as linked below.

For reference, licenses may be verified using the following web site: License Verification - cPanel Inc.

As was suggested above; after having ensured the license is valid the only step needed should be that of running the aforementioned "cpkeyclt" command via root SSH access.

4. Alaint

Alaint Member

I don't know what really happened, but my provider told me that after having attempted the normal procedures (maybe what you said) the problem did not solved, so they opened a ticket to you.
    I don't know the reason why they changed Distributor maybe cause the problem was of it or something else... what I know is that we got a down of the webmail service for more than 6 hours with our client phoning and saying that it would have sent us a wonderful formal communication quite soon.

My fear is that such an event could occur again, and I don't know how to prevent it anyway.

regards