License server counting one more account than real causing NO ACCESS

ottdev

Oct 1, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
(you may delete duplicate post from Account Admin forum; I could not see way to move nor delete it myself: New Thread - License server counting 1 more account than real, causing NO ACCESS. )

/usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt
Updating cPanel license...Done. Update Failed!
Error message:

The cPanel license server said that there was no license for your IP address.
For more information visit: lic | cPanel

"The exact message was: Your license allows 30 accounts. You currently have 31 accounts. Please upgrade your license to support additional accounts"

verify.cpanel.net/app/verify?ip=
Shows a valid license for the IP address, so the reason is it's somehow miscounting ?
There are still 30 document roots visible in /home/

Would someone please give me command line to delete an account that way so I can make it 29 ?

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there!

I did delete that other thread you mentioned.

You'd want to use the "/scripts/removeacct" command to perform that work on the command line. You can find more details on that here:

You can run the following command to get a count of the number of cPanel users on the server:

Code:
cat /etc/trueuserdomains
but if things aren't adding up you're always welcome to submit a ticket to our team so we can confirm the number of domains on the machine.

ottdev

Oct 1, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
cat /etc/trueuserdomains
shows 30 accounts
My host has opened a ticket. Timing is very bad as we are due to complete a migration off of this server in a few days. Still urgently need access.
The only thing I can think of is they put me on a reseller account and I cannot see my own account ? Is that possible (I do have resellers of my own) - how many levels of reselling can there be - I do not own my own account ?

Last edited:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
cPanel itself doesn't support multi-level resellers at this time, but there are other tools that do, and I can't say for sure how your hosting provider has things configured.

If you have root access to the system we'd be happy to check things directly on our end, but if not, you would need to work with the hosting provider to get that resolved.