The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

license transfer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by center7inc, Mar 29, 2007.

1. center7inc

center7inc Member

My company purchased 2 licenses for cPanel and have attached them to the IP addresses of the machines. Here's my question, we are going to sell these machines and their software to another company but the IP addresses are going to remain with us. That means that cPanel will need to be reinstalled AND the IP addresses of the servers will no longer match the license. What do I need to do prepare the transfer of license to the new owners?

2. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

I am not sure the licenses are transferrable ...

Someone from Cpanel will have to chime in on this one though.

3. center7inc

center7inc Member

I was hoping a cPanel rep would see this and chime in.....still need an answer to this question. Anyone have ANY ideas?

4. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

If memory serves, you'll need to contact the license seller and have them update the records to reflect the new IP info that's associated with the license.

I had to do that when moving a server from one datacenter to another, and I believe that's the same thing that needs to happen if you sell the license.

I also don't recall there being any restrictions on transferring the license, either.

5. center7inc

center7inc Member

thank you for your helpful reply. It sounds like I'll be putting a call into cPanel support. Thanks again!!!