The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

License

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jmc67, May 24, 2002.

1. jmc67

jmc67 Well-Known Member

I am a customer of Versehost and there is a problem with the licensing. Apparently this has happened before. Unfortunately this problem is not being corrected fast enough. It has been 24+ hours since the problem occured. I am a reseller and because of this I am loosing customers. This is not good. So I do appreciate if this is fixed asap.

2. Damian

Damian Well-Known Member

It's unfortunate that it's taking a while, however you will need to keep on at Versehost (instead of here).

Whatever the license problem may be, it is between the hosting company and Cpanel (or the distributor). It may be account payment related or it may be a technical fault - either way the process must be worked up the chain, as frustrating as it is, it can't make any difference going to the top when you are at the last link of the chain.

BTW, I am a reseller as well (different host though). If the problems persist and become frequent you may want to investigate reselling for a different company.

3. jmc67

jmc67 Well-Known Member

[quote:a602343bba][i:a602343bba]Originally posted by Damian[/i:a602343bba]

It's unfortunate that it's taking a while, however you will need to keep on at Versehost (instead of here).

Whatever the license problem may be, it is between the hosting company and Cpanel (or the distributor). It may be account payment related or it may be a technical fault - either way the process must be worked up the chain, as frustrating as it is, it can't make any difference going to the top when you are at the last link of the chain.

BTW, I am a reseller as well (different host though). If the problems persist and become frequent you may want to investigate reselling for a different company.[/quote:a602343bba]Well that was done but apprently it is up to these guys to correct this problem. Versehost has been waiting patiently to get this problem resolved. As I am loosing my patience. From what I know this problem happened when cpanel was updated. So am going to voice my concerns here whether I am the first, second, or last person in the chain. As for selecting another host, yeah I can do that but this problem is not versehost fault.

4. bdraco

bdraco Guest

You should be able to verify the license exists here:

http://layer1.cpanel.net/verify/

(make sure to give the main ip of the server)

If there is an active license and the routing table on the server looks normal (you can check with /sbin/route -n) then you should contact support@cpanel.net. If there is no active license support will not be able to help you.

5. jmc67

jmc67 Well-Known Member

Thank you