The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Licensing problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ne0shell, Oct 6, 2011.

1. ne0shell

ne0shell Well-Known Member

We were setting up a new server which was on a 45 day trial license. The datacenter messed up and almost canceled the server but were able to save it, however they had to change our IP allocation.

Now I'm getting a license error due to the hostname and primary IP changing. I've tried to run a license update from command line but it keeps throwing a "resolver error" even though the settings in my resolv.conf are absolutely correct.

I also tried to sign up for a trial license on the cPanel store so I can get cPanel up and running long enough to fix all the settings but even that seems to not be working. The name server error just keeps occurring on the update.

I really need to work this out so I can get into cPanel, fix the IP allocation settings and hostname and then hopefully get our full license up and running.

2. ne0shell

ne0shell Well-Known Member

I really think the problem is on the cPanel side - when I confirmed my email to activate the new trial license the web page hung up badly.

Here's the error message the command line update gives:
    Error message:
    License server hostnames could not be resolved to IP addresses

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You should get in touch with Customer Support via the Portal about this, they can tell you if the proper IP is licensed or not and get you sorted quickly.