The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Licensing server problems?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZMan, May 16, 2009.

1. ZMan

ZMan Member

A couple of servers provisioned through The Planet are suddenly showing expired licenses. /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt does not correct the issue and returns the following:

The exact message was: The license is expired. (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)!

If I type in the servers' main IPs at the verify site is shows multiple entries with the last couple showing "expired/deactivated by unknown on unknown." The first entry though says its "active". I contacted The Planet but they say they haven't been getting any response to their support request to cPanel regarding this issue. Multiple servers are impacted.

Anyone else having sudden licensing issues or have a clue what is going on?

2. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Yes, we are as well. This is apparently occurring with cPanel licenses that were started under the older company EV1, so-called legacy licenses.

I understand from ThePlanet that they are attempting to get this issue resolved with cPanel.

I hope it is resolved soon, or our support lines will probably start to melt down tomorrow morning.

cPanel techs - Are you guys on this one?

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I'm seeing the same problem on a client server with an old EV1 license.

4. ZMan

ZMan Member

Resolved

Thanks, Chirpy. These were servers originally provisioned under EV1. It looks as of a short while ago the licenses have been updated resolving the issue. So if others out there were impacted, progress is apparently being made. :)

5. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    This should be resolved now. If you are stilling seeing a problem please run /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt

6. nzservers

nzservers Well-Known Member

I had the same problem yesterday (old EV1 server) but for some reason the hostname (domain part) got dropped, I had to add it back before running /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt then the same thing happened again today.