The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limit accounts on CPU/Memory basis

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by caitanya, Dec 30, 2007.

1. caitanya

caitanya Member

Hi,

Somehow since the last few weeks the server has become slow - the CPU/Memory are on 90-100%. Now we know why - it is only because of one account (customer) that has a lot of mySQL queries and with this they use almost all of the server. Before i drop them from the server i was wondering if there is an easy sollution for this.

My question: is it possible for this one account to limit the CPU/Memory usage. E.g when this account reached 20% CPU/Memory it can not use the rest 80%. These 80% are reserved for the other accounts on the server.

I have WHM 11.11.0 cPanel 11.16.0-R18546; FEDORA 5 i686 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0

Did someone solve this kind of problems without buying a new server?

Thank you for sollutions
    Caitanya

2. RizyDeWino

RizyDeWino Well-Known Member

You can not limit the cpu/memory usage on account level. If its only one account causing this , you simply need to tell the client that they either need to optimize their usage or they need to upgrade, which then depends on how you are running things at your end.

3. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

It is clear that this client's Web site(s) exahust bandwidth, slowing down your servers and causing major headache to your server. Why not using Mod Throttle module!

Download Mod Throttle module at: www.ni.net.tr/dosyalar/mod_throttle312.tgz
    For HowTo install and use, go to: http://forums.theplanet.com/lofiversion/index.php/t69322.html

Hope this helps!

4. caitanya

caitanya Member

thank you AndyReed for the suggestion. we will try it in the next days. i hope it works...

5. DWHS.net

DWHS.net Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Snert the company that makes modthrottle is closed, I would not use them anymore.