The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limit accounts on CPU/Memory basis

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by caitanya, Dec 30, 2007.

  1. caitanya

    caitanya Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2007
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Hi,

    Somehow since the last few weeks the server has become slow - the CPU/Memory are on 90-100%. Now we know why - it is only because of one account (customer) that has a lot of mySQL queries and with this they use almost all of the server. Before i drop them from the server i was wondering if there is an easy sollution for this.

    My question: is it possible for this one account to limit the CPU/Memory usage. E.g when this account reached 20% CPU/Memory it can not use the rest 80%. These 80% are reserved for the other accounts on the server.

    I have WHM 11.11.0 cPanel 11.16.0-R18546; FEDORA 5 i686 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0

    Did someone solve this kind of problems without buying a new server?

    Thank you for sollutions
    Caitanya
     
  2. RizyDeWino

    RizyDeWino Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2005
    Messages:
    74
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Location:
    Planet Earth
    You can not limit the cpu/memory usage on account level. If its only one account causing this , you simply need to tell the client that they either need to optimize their usage or they need to upgrade, which then depends on how you are running things at your end.
     
  3. AndyReed

    AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

    Joined:
    May 29, 2004
    Messages:
    2,222
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Minneapolis, MN
    It is clear that this client's Web site(s) exahust bandwidth, slowing down your servers and causing major headache to your server. Why not using Mod Throttle module!

    Download Mod Throttle module at: www.ni.net.tr/dosyalar/mod_throttle312.tgz
    For HowTo install and use, go to: http://forums.theplanet.com/lofiversion/index.php/t69322.html

    Hope this helps!
     
  4. caitanya

    caitanya Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2007
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    thank you AndyReed for the suggestion. we will try it in the next days. i hope it works...
     
  5. DWHS.net

    DWHS.net Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2002
    Messages:
    1,569
    Likes Received:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    LA, Costa RIca
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Snert the company that makes modthrottle is closed, I would not use them anymore.
     
Loading...

Share This Page