Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Limit Client Features But Not Root

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kjavitz, Dec 8, 2018.

1. kjavitz

kjavitz Member

Hi,

I want to limit the client to only be able to edit their email accounts which works fine via the feature manager, but for the root user when logged in via list accounts > click cpanel icon I want to be able to see everything. Is this possible? Screenshot: - Removed -

Also I need the cpanel login to not allow FTP access. The scenario is we are using cpanel for an SaaS that we want to only be able to control the files, php settings, and database, but we do want clients to be able to setup their email accounts.

#1 kjavitz, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2018
  2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @kjavitz

No this wouldn't be possible as when you're logging into the account as root you're seeing everything the account would normally see. Why exactly do you want this, maybe there's an alternative solution we can help with?

If you go to WHM>>Service Configuration>>FTP Server Selection and select disabled. You can can disable the ability for your users to use FTP. If they don't have SSH access they won't be able to use SFTP but the root user will.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kjavitz

kjavitz Member

This is for a SaaS type use. We want to control the files, database, etc and only allow the user to add/edit email addresses. Possible some other way?

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @kjavitz

The only option would be to only give them access to their email addresses. You'd need to manage the adding/editing of addresses along with all other items though. The only other way I could think this would work would be if you had mail set to a remote mailserver and gave them a mail only cPanel account there, then the site/dbs/everything else would be on a different server which they don't have access to manage.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...